If you become unemployed or laid off
Register at the TE Office as a job seeker looking for full-time employment no later than the first day of unemployment or lay-off at www.te-palvelut.fi. Follow TE Office’s instructions. You are entitled to earnings-related allowance only if your job search is valid at the TE Office.
Submit your first application for earnings-related allowance when at least two full calendar weeks have passed since your first day of unemployment or layoff, Monday through Sunday. The application must be ended to a Sunday. Apply for the allowance no later than three months after the start of your unemployment or lay-off.
Submit your application and the attachments to the Unemployment Fund using the eService at www.elintarvikekassa.fi. If you cannot use the eService, submit your application by mail. You can print the application from www.elintarvikekassa.fi or order one by calling 09 4246 1210.
Attachments required with the first application
You do not have to send the original attachments, copies are sufficient.
- Pay certificate from your employer that covers at least 26 paid work weeks prior to your unemployment or lay-off.
- Notice of termination if your permanent employment has ended. If your employment has been for a fixed term, notification is not required.
- A certificate of employment if your employment has ended and a certificate of employment is available.
- Employment contract, if available.
- Layoff notice if you have been laid off.
- Tax card if you have ordered a revised tax card for the benefit. If you do not send a revised tax card for the benefit, a withholding rate of at least 25% will be applied to your earnings-related daily allowance.
- A personal tax decision if you have earned income from agriculture or other business activities.
- A statement of your weekly working hours and pay if on occasion you have worked for less than 18 hours a week or you have had several part-time jobs at the same time.
- A decision about the social benefit you receive that affects your earnings-related daily allowance, such as a decision about a child home care allowance for your family.
Attachments to the follow-up application
Fill out an follow-up application for four calendar weeks from Monday to Sunday, unless you are working part-time for a monthly salary. Then fill in the application for the whole calendar month.
Send salary information as an attachment to your application if you have had paid income from part-time work or occasional full-time work during the application period.
If you participate in an employment promotion service, indicate in your application which service you are in and any dates of your absence.
eService -> www.elintarvikekassa.fi -> eAsiointi
- Send your earnings-related allowance application and the attachments
- View your applications and decisions
- Send messages to the Unemployment Fund
- Change your contact information
The Unemployment Fund is available from Monday to Thursday from 8.30 AM to 3.30 PM and on Fridays from 8.30 AM to 3 PM at 09 4246 1210. Benefit officers will answer questions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 AM to 11 PM. Calling the number costs the caller the normal telephone charge charged by the operator. You can also e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you cannot use the eService, send your application by mail using the following address:
Suomen Elintarviketyöläisten Työttömyyskassa
Asemamiehenkatu 2, 8. krs